Things to Do in New Hampton:
- Carnegie Cultural Center located on the corner of Main Street and Water in New Hampton. The museum features two levels of permanent exhibits that include "Natvig Brother's Circus" (hand-carved circus figures and dioramas), "Toy Town" (comprised of old toys, dollhouses and numerous other models.), and "Doc Tunnell and Associates" (features antique and vintage eyeglasses). Check out their calendar as they also host traveling speakers, exhibits and showcases.
- Chickasaw Wellness Center is located at 1050 West Hamilton in New Hampton. If you are looking for free weights, cardio equipment, running/walking tracks or even to play racquetball, the CWC is the place to find it! Visitor passes are available for less than $8.00 per person. On site fitness trainers available to guide your workouts and instruct a variety of classes.
- Crystal Ball Roller Rink located off Highway 24.
- Tri/Mark Freedom Trail starts and ends at the Chickasaw Wellness Center. The trail is 2.5 miles long and is perfect for runners, walkers and bikers. Along the trail you will find the Pocket Park with gazebo and six rest stops.
- New Hampton Community Swimming Pool is located at Mikkelson Park on the east edge of New Hampton. The pool features a water slide, multiple diving boards, concession stand and a play pool for smaller children. Day passes are currently $5.00 and under. This is a great place to cool off during the Hot Iowa Summer!
Places to Shop in New Hampton:
- Bennett Pharmacy: gifts & cards
- Blue Iris: gifts & floral arrangements
- The Coffee House: gifts & home decor
- Dollar General: cards, home supplies, food
- Dungey's Furniture: furniture & home decor
- Hometown TV & Appliance: media centers, electronics & appliances
- Fareway: groceries, liquor
- Five Star Cooperative: farm supplies, home supplies, pet supplies
- Linda's Photos to Go: gifts & photos
- Mange's Jewelry: jewelry, clocks, & china
- Office World: office supplies and small electronics
- Shopko: home goods, food, clothing, etc.
- Pocketful of Posies: gifts & floral arrangements
- Quilter's Window: material, sewing supplies & quilts
- Riley's Radio Shack: electronics and cell phones, plans and accessories
- Rapid Printers: custom invitations, color copies, & wedding accessories
- Schueth Ace Hardware: paint, equipment rentals, hardware & gifts
- Theisens: farm supplies, home supplies, gifts, pet supplies
- Tom's Family Pharmacy: gifts & cards
- Wilshire's Jewelry: jewelry, clocks & plaques
Places to Eat in New Hampton:
- Big Ed's Firehouse: American & wings
- Casey's: pizza & subs
- The Coffee House: coffee, smoothies, sandwiches
- Klunder's Kafe: American diner
- Kolby's Dine & Stein: pizza, buffet, American
- Lucky Bamboo: Chinese dine-in or carry-out
- McDonalds: fast food American
- Poor Richards: pizza & American
- The Pub at the Pinicon: American, Italian, Mexican, & Chinese
- Subway: fast food subs made-to-order
For more information about local attractions, please check out the websites below.